Whew! That took a looong time! We started the washer/dryer pedestal in May and we're technically not finished (I'm still putting the finishing painting touches on it, but we'll save that for another post, shall we?). It didn't need to take that long. And, actually, the part I'm posting about today didn't; it only took a few hours one Sunday. It's been the painting and trim and all that stuff that has gone sloooowly.
The main reason why the project crawled along at a snail's pace was because the pedestal can't be brought in until the wall behind the washer and dryer is finished and painted, so there's no sense worrying too much about getting it done in a hurry. But now that there is a visible (albeit faint) light at the end of the Wall Treatment Tunnel, I wanted to get the pedestal all finished up so it's ready when the walls are done. I took some pictures of the progress. Like I said, the final, finished painted project will be discussed in a forth-coming post.
|We started with 2 x 4s, 2 x 6s, 4 x 4s (treated)...|
|...and a big ol' piece of 3/4" treated plywood.|
|A few hours of this...|
|Got us this...|
|....and, finally, THIS!|
I'll probably finish the rest of the pedestal this weekend, so stop by again for a final reveal :-)