Sunday, May 27, 2012

Major Kitchen Organization Overhaul Update 2: Clutter Removal

Item number two on my list is: Clean out clutter and get rid of crap we don't use. This really is such an important step because both the kitchen and laundry room end up as repositories for old or not-all-that-useful stuff that doesn't really belong. The following is a partial list of the clutter-removal I completed:
  • I brought a bunch of mismatched cups and mugs to work to leave in the break room; they'll get plenty of use there and no one cares if they don't match! 
  • We had an inexplicably large number of beer coozies, many of which I brought to Goodwill. 
  • I tossed out some old hoses (I think maybe related to the washing machine?) that were stored in the laundry room cabinets. 
  • I threw out so many way-expired canned goods and dry mixes that I felt like I was on an episode of Hoarders
  • I actually threw away a bottle of medicine that expired 12 years ago. 

12 years ago?!? Yeah, it was time for a real intervention. 

~Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment