Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Major Kitchen Overhaul Update 3: Cabinet Re-Assignment

Number three on my list is to re-assign the cabinets in the kitchen/laundry room to make food, dishes, and cleaning products storage make more sense. Here's a look at what each cabinet was being used for Before:












When I rearranged the cabinets, I had a couple goals in mind. First, I wanted to keep like things together. Previously, I had cleaning supplies in at least two different places and food being stored in both the kitchen and the laundry room. Secondly, I wanted to improve the flow of our open-but-smallish kitchen. The dishes were conveniently located above the dishwasher. Except it wasn't all that conveneint because it was hard to reach the cabinets to get the dishes in them when the dishwasher was open. And the person setting the table (me) was always in the way of the cook (Big Tex) when trying to gather plates and silverware. Spices were nowhere near the stove or counter.

Below, check out the new arrangement. It's still not perfect, but it's getting there. Over time, I'll be able to get a real feel for what kind of arrangement we need, and then we can tweak it.  









That's it! I know I'll be changing things up slightly in the near future because I'm not crazy about how tightly packed my canned goods are in their new home. I need to find a better place for them. But, overall, I'm happier with the new arrangement than I was before. 

I'll be back in a few days with another update!

~Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment